VMware Communities
Jim_Hammond
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 1.1 Direct X Experimental Support

Hi Folks,

In the release notes of 1.1 it states that there is now experimental support for direct x 9, which version 9.0c, etc.?

I'd like to test some older games to see if they will work or not.

Jim

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Just plain 9.0 without shaders. No 9.0c, 9.0L, 9.0xyzzy, etc.

0 Kudos
Jim_Hammond
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks.

Jim

0 Kudos
d3rail__
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know if Counter-Strike: Source or Team Fortress 2 will work now?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

No idea. Counterstrike only requires DX7, right? If you have time to try, please report your findings at . I would think that TF2 is too new - what sort of requirements does it have?

0 Kudos
d3rail__
Contributor
Contributor

I havn't actually got Fusion yet, and whilst I know running games in it is never going to be perfect, I would love to be able to get it working reasonably well (I've just ordered a new 20" iMac with Leopard).

The requirements for Counter-Strike: Source are DirectX 9.0b , Video card DirectX 7.0 and Sound Card DirectX 9.0 - will Fusion run this?

The requirements for The Orange Box (including Team Fortress 2) are DirectX 8.0 - how about this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If the software in question requires "shaders" which would be DirectX 8.1 with Shaders or DirectX 9.0a or later, it will NOT work in VMware Fusion. If it does NOT require shaders, there is a chance it will work but yuu will need to try it for yourself and let us know.

Pat

0 Kudos
Gangee
Contributor
Contributor

This probably is off topic, but it does relate to the DirectX support.

My iTunes on the Windows side woudn't do the thing where it flips through the album covers. When I installed the DirectX beta, it fixed it. I can now flip through my album covers in Windows.

0 Kudos
nospamboz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

9.0xyzzy

A hollow voice says "PLUGH".

(That dates me, doesn't it? ;^)

0 Kudos