VMware Communities
willfly
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 1.1 - Bootcamp - Flight Sim X Reactivation?

I have installed, activated and have been using Flight Simulator X on a bootcamp partition. I tried to launch FS in Fusion/bootcamp with an earlier version of Fusion and Mac OSX 10.4. FS asked to be activated again. It wouldn't work. When I rebooted my Mac in the bootcamp partion, FS still wanted to be activated again. The activation worked.

Has anyone tried running Flight Simulator X with Fusion 1.1 and bootcamp? Does FS ask to be activated again? Does it work? If so, does it affect the ability to run FS when booting directly into bootcamp? Any comments on performance?

Thanks very much for your input.

Mike

Mac Pro / 10 GB / OSX 10.5 / Fusion 1.1 (62573) / Bootcamp Windows XP SP 2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My guess is that you will likely need to reactivate it appears when you switch between Boot Camp native and Boot Camp in a VM due to the hardware differences between the setups. Each applications appears to have its own way of handling activation unfortunately, though we do handle activation challenges with Windows XP or Vista itself.

With regards how well it performs once activated, I will defer to Brian and his experience playing it in a VM.

Pat

0 Kudos