VMware Communities
Guddler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Full screen behaviour seems slightly odd

I've got a dual screen setup here. namely a 20" iMac with a 17" 1280x1024 additional screen attached.

The ideal thing for me when i need to use Windows or linux is to have the guest OS full screen on my left hand (external) monitor and obviously OSX full screen on the internal one.

I just noticed however that when I go full screen in the guest it hides the menu bar and dock on the host. I can understand why this is happening for people with a single screen setup, presumably but it's kind of annoying in my setup.

It's not the end of the world since as soon as i click in the host OSX they reappear but obviously if i wanted to click on something in the dock i'd first have to click on the desktop to get the dock to re-appear.

Any chance of either making this behaviour optional via a setting or perhaps being a bit more intelligent about it, detecting if the guest is running full screen on the secondary monitor and not hiding the dock and menu bar. Oh, and it seems that while the menu bar will come back by hovering over it. The dock won't.

Just a suggestion!

Martin.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

This sounds like a bug to me, try submitting a beta support request:

http://www.vmware.com/support/services/Beta.html

Additionally you could try a desktop space manager like VirtueDesktops

0 Kudos
Guddler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not 100% sure I'd agree that it ALL sounds like a bug to me - difficult to tell without knowing what the intended behaviour is that was being aimed for (if that was sense!).

Anyway, I have indeed just filed a support request as you suggested so we'll see Smiley Happy

Thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Guddler thanks for the suggestions

this is a behavior we are working on refining and are aware of.

0 Kudos