VMware Communities
ehendrix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Full Screen on 2 out of 3 displays

Hi,

I was wondering if there is some setting somewhere to have Windows only use 2 out of 3 displays. So what I want is to have a dual-display for my Windows Guest in Full Screen and then leaving 1 display available for OSX, which would thus also be my main display for OSX.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There's no setting I know of that does this, it's either one or all. You might be able to fiddle with the guest Display control panel to confuse Fusion into doing this, but it's not supported or expected.

0 Kudos
ehendrix
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you, that was what I was expecting unless anyone else has a golden solution? Smiley Happy

I tried with the settings in the guest and it works somewhat but when then going out of full-screen and back in it takes all displays again. And even outside of that it did not seem to work to well. I guess this would really be something for VMWare to support to get it really working.

Anyone from VMWare lurking around here and possible being able to comment on? Not sure if something could be done like with the network cards to fix a virtual screen to a certain display with possible then some type of settings depending on the name or so of the display?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Anyone from VMWare lurking around here and possible being able to comment on?

/me coughs politely

0 Kudos