VMware Communities
gbullman
Expert
Expert

Full Screen Title Bar Grabbing cursor

I did some quick searches but haven't found any discussion quite like what I'm experiencing.

The Full Screen Title Bar (mini bar available in full screen mode) seems to be grabbing my cursor and not allowing it to move if I happen to hover over it.  My current workaround is to Cmd+Tab to another Mac application, move the cursor and come back.  I've got stuff running in the VM that may be contributing to this but it seems to occur even when I shut that program down.  One of the things I'm doing with the VM is running Parallels Management Console to access Virtual Machines on a Parallels bare metal server.  That app doesn't not let go of cursor focus wtihout the Ctrl+Alt key combination.

I've been doing work that has prevented me from rebooting the VM and my Mac for a few days now and I'm hoping that a simple restart will clear things up.

My environment is;

Early 2011 MacBook Pro

MacOS 10.6.8

Fusion 4.1.3

Guest is Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Since I can work around it, I'm mostly interested in whether anyone else has experienced this.  If a fix is available, I'd be interested in that too.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gbullman
Expert
Expert

FYI, a shutdown of the Windows Guest, reboot of the Mac cleared up this situation so it is not a permanent situation.  Before the reboot the behavior degraded to where the Mac Dock was visible when the Full Screen VM was in focus and if the cursor hovered over the dock it also became stuck and could only be moved by Cmd+Tab moving to another Mac app and moving the cursor out of  that location.  It was certainly interesting behavior but I'm not going to pursue it unless it starts happening on a more regular basis.

One more reason for me to stick with my usual shutdown my VMs and Mac at the end of each day.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The minibar will attempt to ungrab the cursor from the guest so the minibar can use it; it could be that the ungrab attempt fails; if it actually ungrabbed the host would own it and it wouldn't be stuck. It's the same ungrab behavior we use when you're in single-window mode and move the cursor outside the window. Have you ever noticed anything odd when running this in single window?  Does the ungrab key shortcut (cmd-ctrl) work when it's grabbed? What happens if you try doing that when it's stuck?

0 Kudos