VMware Communities
lawesdas
Contributor
Contributor

Fuison wont start up

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this so apologies if not!

I have been having problems with fusion since downloading an update a couple of months ago

since downloading the update fusion wont open, i double click on the start icon it seems to try to start

but nothing happens i don't get a screen, error message or anything.

After trawling the support center i uninstalled fusion and re-installed it the hope of fixing it but

it is no better.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Darren

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

First of all, you have come to the right place!

This issue should be resolved by simple uninstall and reinstall of Fusion. But I think you just ran the uninstaller, but did not remove the other files such as preferences and plist.Please try to do the uninstallation as per the article: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1017838

Then download the latest version of Fusion 2 or 3, whichever you have, from VMware's website: http://vmware.com/download/fusion/

Install it and then see if you are able to start your VMs or not.

0 Kudos
lawesdas
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, thats done it, cheers

Now i have another problem... i'm trying to migrate a pc and i can't get them to network using the vmware pc migration agent

it worked ok when i first installed vmware 6 months ago or so.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Since you've not included any information whatsoever to even begin to diagnose/troubleshoot your issue have a look at Bring Your Entire PC to the Mac then provide explicit and specific details as to how far you get in the process and the exact wording of any error messages.

Otherwise considering a third party utility like Paragon Go Virtual to create the Virtual Machine.

BTW If you use the .vmx file that Paragon Go Virtual creates you'll need to add the following to it since it is left out and for running under VMware Fusion should be there.

powerType.powerOff = "soft"
powerType.powerOn = "soft"
powerType.suspend = "soft"
powerType.reset = "soft"
0 Kudos
lawesdas
Contributor
Contributor

i have sorted it now, thanks,

I uninstalled the pc migration agent and re- installed it.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos