VMware Communities
BillyBarron
Contributor
Contributor

Focus Not Going to New Window in Unity

VMWare Fusion 5.0.1

Windows 7 Guest (though I think this is not a guest issue and would occur with other OS - haven't tested it though)

OSX 10.8.2

Whenever a new window is opened in a guest while in Unity mode, it goes to the background and not a foreground.  For Example:

1.  Run Windows Explorer in Windows 7

2.  Double click a PDF file

3.  Acroread does open, but it does not gain focus and gets placed behind the current window.

Please note that it is not just one application.  I have the same issue with IM and other programs.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Pbryanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I've also noticed the same thing (Unity windows not moving to the front) since moving to Fusion 5, so will bump this thread in the hope of getting a solution (or workaround) for this.

0 Kudos
wesley88
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, do these guys respond to issues or expect you to go to parallels?

0 Kudos
AVchemE
Contributor
Contributor

Any status change on this problem?

0 Kudos
vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey guys. Sorry to hear about the problem. I'm looking into this and other related Fusion Unity problems right now. And yeah, I see this too. And no, I don't believe there's any workaround. =:(

0 Kudos
vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Actually, let me ask you guys a question... Did this use to work for you in previous versions of Fusion, do you know?

0 Kudos
vanRijn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Bueller? Bueller?

I'd still like some more info on this from you guys, if you get a chance.

This area is a little tricky in that we are trying to be careful to not arbitrarily steal focus from the application you're using just because you opened a new guest application. So we do have a couple of bugs open internally that are about this problem and I'll be looking into those soon.

Sorry you're hitting problems like this. Thanks for the problem report though. Please keep 'em coming! =:)

0 Kudos