VMware Communities
avocet82
Contributor
Contributor

Final Fantasy XI (FFXI) glitches in graphics using VMware Fusion

Hi All

Wondered if anyone has been able to solve the problem of blacked out objects ingame for FFXI when using VMware Fusion 2.0? My Playonline Viewer also likes to flash white every so often when its loading. I have played with the config settings in FFXI but nothing seems to have resolved this.

I am running Windows Vista through VMware Fusion. I can provide my Macbook Pro Specs( the new 15" style) if that helps but i am at work at the moment so will do so when i get home if requested. I also have a screenshot i can upload to show you exactly what is happening.

Any ideas? Can this be fixed? I love this game to bits and i bought VMware Fusion mainly for this reason. Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

I am not a gamer, but I did a quick search on the Final Fantasy website and I wonder if the setting below would help:

How to disable the Bump Mapping setting in Windows

1. Run "FINAL FANTASY XI Config"

(accessed via "Start"> "Programs">"PlayOnline">"Final Fantasy XI">"Final Fantasy XI Config")

2. Open the "3D Map" tab and uncheck "BumpMap Enable." Click "Close."

3. When the "Save settings?" screen is displayed, click "Yes."

Disabling bump mapping might help

0 Kudos
avocet82
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately i've already tried that. In fact by doing so, it actually removes the majority of objects in the game e.g. one of the starting areas is in a wooded area and by unticking Bump Mapping it completely removes the trees.

0 Kudos