VMware Communities
rachel
Contributor
Contributor

Filing a VMware Fusion Support Request doesn't work

The support form for VMWare Fusion beta refuses to work in Firefox/Mac (and tells me I should install IE Tabs. haha.)

The calling page says email instead so I did, \*with* "Fusion" in the first line, and the mail got bounced with:

<fusion_support@vmware.com>:

65.115.85.36 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 <fusion_support@vmware.com>: User unknown in local recipient table

Giving up on 65.115.85.36.

(Not to mention that it's an impractical way to send 405MB of core dumps as requested. And no, the local mail server refused to do that at all; the above error was from the email sent without those core dumps.

So where do I report something that repeatably crashes VMWare? Here?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Rachel,

Yes, the web form currently is not a great experience for Mac browsers due to a change in systems recently and we are working to correct this soon.

Sorry to hear that you had problems sending e-mail to fusion_support@vmware.com. I will work with the support team to determine the problem.

In the mean time, please report the issue here in the forums and we will see how we can help.

Best,

Pat Lee

Senior Product Manager - Mac Products

VMware

0 Kudos
rachel
Contributor
Contributor

As you can see I already did. Smiley Happy

For now I've resolved the problem through having fortuitously set up a linux box for myself recently, and setting up vmware-player and then vmware-server on that. That ran PC Suite fine. Can report the virtual machine made in fusion transferred across with almost no problems. (Can't get sound working.)

0 Kudos
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

Pat,

Any progress on getting the Support Team to change the program designation to Beta 2? Beta 2 has been available for 34 days now.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I hope to have a better solution to talk about real soon now! More details when I have them.

Pat

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The email address is working again. Sorry for the problems you had earlier Rachel. We will make sure we have a better solution soon, trust me on this one!

Best,

Pat Lee

VMware

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The new and improved web support form for Mac users is available at:

http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/fusion/fusionsupport.html

Sorry for the problems of the last two weeks, I am working hard with our internal teams to avoid these problems moving forward.

Best,

Pat Lee

VMware

0 Kudos