VMware Communities
Pearlanta
Contributor
Contributor

File retrieval

Hi there,

I am new here and have no idea if I am putting this in the right place. Please excuse me if I have made a mistake.

I am in desperate need of some assistance. - here goes!

I am new to Mac and had Fusion with Windows XP installed so I had the best of both worlds...was very happy until.

I am not brilliant technically and, was exploring the 'snapshot' use. I mis clicked on the snapshot that was there when I had the machine, and not having saved another one - out went all the work to date!!! Yikes!

I called Mac and they said they are not trained to help! Ouch!

So, I wonder if there is some kind person out there who could let me know if there is a way to find the thrown out files/software etc etc....

I would so appreciate a little help....thankyou in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the VMware Comminuties forums. Your post has been moved to the Fusion forum.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

Now available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL.

admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you revert to a snapshot without saving the current state (which your description sort of sounds like, though it's hard to be certain), your data is unfortunately gone (unless you manage to recover the deleted .vmdk files from the host filesystem, plus have not changed the base disks so that the recovered files are still usable).

0 Kudos
Pearlanta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Etung - you are right that is exactly what I did!!! Albeit unknowingly!

"unless you manage to recover the deleted .vmdk files from the host filesystem, plus have not changed the base disks so that the recovered files are still usable"

I haven't changed a thing since it happened on the off chance someone might know something here. How would I go about recovering the files? That is what I do not know how to do.....and no base disks have been changed as far as I know.

0 Kudos