VMware Communities
pamk
Contributor
Contributor

File not found: Windows XP Professional.vmdk error message

I used the Migration Assistant in MacOS to transfer my Windows XP Pro from my old iMac to my new iMac and am getting the following error. I can't figure out what I need to do to open Windows.

File not found: Windows XP Professional.vmdk.This file is required to power on this virtual machine.  If this file was moved, please provide its new location.

I was able to find Windows XP Professional-000006.vmdk that had yesterday's date (the last time I used on my "old" iMac) and selected it in the browser window but it keeps coming back with the same error message.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Pam,

I meant to reply to this at the time however it slipped through the cracks, anyway I'm glad it's all resolved and you only had to do it once. Smiley Wink  I typically always test command lines and or scripts on my system before posting them and I had just forgot to change the target to you're specific information and while it would not have hurt anything you would have just had to redo it although thankfully you didn't have to on my account. Smiley Happy

Have a good one and I want you to fix me up with your friend when I'm ready to buy my next Mac. Smiley Happy

Woody

0 Kudos