VMware Communities
kfieldho
Contributor
Contributor

Fedora Core 7 and Widescreen resolution

I just installed Fedora Core 7 and the VMWare tools. With previous guests, (Fedora Core 6, Ubuntu Fiesty Fawn) the screen resizing when going into full screen mode works flawlessly. But with Fedora Core 7 I can only get 1024x768 the widescreen resizing doesn't happen. I \*really* like having it. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure how the feature works so I don't really know how to troubleshoot. The other VMWare Tools features (easily moving the pointer in and out of the guest etc.) seem to be working fine.

Any thoughts on how to proceed here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Something to check: in your vmx file*, do you have svga.maxWidth and svga.maxHeight set?

\* located in your virtual machine bundle (default is in ~/Documents/Virtual Machines/); ctrl-click it in the Finder and select Show Package Contents. The file with a vmx extension is a plain text file.

Do you get any resizing at all; e.g. does making it smaller[/i] change anything?

0 Kudos
kschroed
Contributor
Contributor

Did you try checking your Display Hardware. I had to set my monitor to generic LCD before going past 800x600. Once I did that I was able to select 1360x768 without VMwareTools installed.

On a related note I am not able to get vmxnet to compile for VMwareTools. I notice you said you have tools installed were you able to get it to compile without error?

I'm running Workstation 6 however.

Message was edited by:

kschroed

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Hi kfieldho,

Try running the vmware-config.pl script again. I believe it will allow you to re-select the maximum resolution for your guest.

0 Kudos