VMware Communities
timhenrion
Contributor
Contributor

FUSION 6: Windows Apps Shared with Mac -> Can I put them anywhere else other than the Mac's /Applications folder?

I've got a MacBook Pro with two users. Each one has their own separate Windows VM in their own protected home directory. Each VM has application sharing turned on and that places an entry for their respective Windows applications in the /Applications folder.

Problem: Each user can obviously not execute Windows programs that are in a VM in the other user's home directory (and I don't want them to be able to). So whenever the other user tries to execute a Mac program shortcut in the /Applications folder that references the other users VM, Fusion starts up with an immediate "Virtual Machine is corrupt" error message. It would be really nice for each VM to place the sharing shortcuts for its Windows apps someplace where only that user can see them.

Question: Is there a way to make each individual user's VM place the Mac application shortcuts for their VM in someplace other than the global /Applications folder? Ideally I'd like somehow to be able to have each user's shared app shortcuts put in his own ~/Applications folder.

Please tell me there's a magic prefs setting that will allow this!... 🙂

0 Kudos
0 Replies