VMware Communities
needtothinkofan
Contributor
Contributor

Extreme Lag with edit boxes / LibreOffice in Win10 on MBP2018 (Win10 / Fusion 12)

I've had this problem for a while on my 15" MBP 2018

Player Version 12.1.2

VMWare tools installed

Win10 up to date

When typing in edit boxes, Libreoffice and some other programs there is a few 100ms lag.

4 CPU cores 

8GB

Enable hypervisor

Accel 3D Gfx (3d Apps only), 8192MB memory

Settings - Ease of Access - Text Cursor - Turn on Text Cursor indicator - fixes the lag in some edit boxes but no in others.

Any ideas what else I can try? It makes document editing and basic work tedious.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is it your VM that has 4 CPU cores and 8GB of memory?

How does that compare to the physical resources in your Mac?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
needtothinkofan
Contributor
Contributor

Host: 16GB total

Core i7 8750 (6-real core / 12- virtual core - thus 4 virtual cores allocated to Fusion (4 or 6 makes no difference).

I never noticed a problem on Win7 on my previous MBP (a slower machine with less memory).

It's not a memory issue - and it appears related to certain types of edit boxes - newer types that support the Ease of Access improved text cursor are fast.

I don't know if it is related to old type of Edit Box control being inefficiently redrawn in the driver?

0 Kudos