VMware Communities
The_Lion
Contributor
Contributor

Export Windows XP laptop to Fusion 10

Hello,

I have a client who I recently installed Fusion 10 under El Capitan to run a Windows XP virtual machine - software dictates choice of both OS's

There used to be a converter for exporting an entire Windows installation to a VM but I cannot find it.

I did manage to download the VMware-converter-en-6.0.0 .exe file does anyone know if this runs on XP please?

been a long time since I did an XP export hence question, link to correct download would be handy if above is not the right tool

regs and tvm

Noel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Noel,

You can try if it works, but Windows XP is not on the list of supported platforms (or guest OS's for that matter)

VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Release Notes

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
arjunek
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You can try old vmware converter like 5.0 or before. Recently i have this kind of issue with windows 2003 first release.

Finally am managed to convert the machine using 4.3 version. am when your using this please install the convector on the xp machine(don't go for remote export).

Arjun EK

0 Kudos
The_Lion
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the replies

Ive downloaded the migration agent version 6, unfortunately V 5 was not available

I may have an old version of the converter somewhere so I'll see if it loads if I can find it!

N

0 Kudos