VMware Communities
ShonaR
Contributor
Contributor

Excel not responding when updating or creating a new document

I have a Mac computer and have excel documents previously created using Office for Mac.  I am now Using Office 2013 for Windows 7 via VMWare Fusion version 6.

I have 2 documents, the first is a list of sales over a 2 week period with various worksheets showing different analysis.  The 2nd document shows the payments of the sales  with the sales being imported in via a link to the first document.  

I have updated the first document with the next 2 weeks sales, carried out all the manual overrides, data sorting and subtotalling with no problems.    However, when I try to link this back to the 2nd document the document freezes after a few key strokes.  I have also tried starting with a new blank workbook and linking it to the first document but I get the same result.

Initially I thought it was not responding because of the linked documents but I have tried creating a couple of new documents and putting simple data, the first was fine and the second stopped responding as soon as it was opened.

Surely is it not because there is more than one document open at the same time. 

Any assistance would be appreciated - not sure if I should just revert back to the Mac version of Office.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi ShonaR,

Thx for using Fusion.

I can't reproduce the problem in my machine. I can create link in Excel 2013, and can create multiple files at the same time also in my win7 VM.

Could you pls let me know which version of Fusion 6 do you use?

And if you shutdown your VM, then start it, and open Excel 2013, try to create multiple files, could you reproduce the problem again?

0 Kudos