VMware Communities
flipdoubt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Eventual upgrade to Leopard questions

I'm still using the current release build, not the RC, but I want to upgrade to Leopard today. If I simply refrain from using Fusion until the RC goes Gold, will I still be able to upgrade to the final release of Fusion 1.1 or will I have to uninstall? If I have to uninstall, should I uninstall now before upgrade to Leopard? If this makes any difference, I only use Fusion to access my Boot Camp partition.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can update to Fusion 1.1 from any previous version (e.g. doesn't matter if you're running 1.0, 1.1b1, or 1.1rc). You don't have to uninstall.

Note that when you update to Leopard, you need to reinstall Fusion anyway because Fusion needs low-level support that a reinstall messes up (this is the same reason that although you can move most Mac apps from computer to computer, you can't with Fusion - you need to reinstall on the new Mac).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can update to Fusion 1.1 from any previous version (e.g. doesn't matter if you're running 1.0, 1.1b1, or 1.1rc). You don't have to uninstall.

Note that when you update to Leopard, you need to reinstall Fusion anyway because Fusion needs low-level support that a reinstall messes up (this is the same reason that although you can move most Mac apps from computer to computer, you can't with Fusion - you need to reinstall on the new Mac).

0 Kudos
asinancy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Re: "Note that when you update to Leopard, you need to reinstall Fusion anyway because Fusion needs low-level support that a reinstall messes up (this is the same reason that although you can move most Mac apps from computer to computer, you can't with Fusion - you need to reinstall on the new Mac)."

I have already upgraded to Leopard, but after the upgrade, Fusion no longer connects to the network. Therefore, it cannot print or go on the Internet. It does not matter what type of networking method I choose (NAT, Bridge, Host). Are you saying to fix this issue, I have to remove and reinstall Fusion version 1.1.1 (Build 72241). Does that mean I have to reinstall all my PC programs too. (not able to use the question mark on my wireless keyboard after upgrading to Leopard.)

Please help.

Thanks,

Nancy

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have already upgraded to Leopard, but after the upgrade, Fusion no longer connects to the network. Therefore, it cannot print or go on the Internet. It does not matter what type of networking method I choose (NAT, Bridge, Host).

Yes, this exactly the problem.

Are you saying to fix this issue, I have to remove and reinstall Fusion version 1.1.1 (Build 72241).

1.1 should also be fine. You don't have to uninstall Fusion, installing over top should be fine.

Does that mean I have to reinstall all my PC programs too

No, updating Fusion should not affect your virtual machines, just as updating iTunes should not affect your MP3s.

0 Kudos