VMware Communities
Urki293
Contributor
Contributor

Error with Mac OS Big Sur

I downloaded the Big Sur beta on my MacBook and I keep getting a error that won't make the vm startScreen Shot 2020-06-24 at 12.18.47 PM.png
any help please

0 Kudos
10 Replies
TimSheppard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You're not the only one who has seen this issue so take comfort in that.

Big Sur Support?

Keep an eye out for the next tech preview of Fusion.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Yep,

Also see this tweet from @VMwareFusion :

https://twitter.com/VMwareFusion/status/1275466832002945024

Tech Preview with support for macOS "Big Sur" 11.0 beta coming in early July!

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
jdbvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting. I get a different error. I get a not enough memory error. Sorry, I didn't grab a screenshot.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Another one already reported: "Not Enough Physical Memory" error on MacOS Big Sur Beta 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jdbvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
xBytez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get this error when the kernel extension isn't loaded.

Once it's loaded, I get the "physical memory" error as described above and in that thread.

Check if your kernel extension is loaded with "kextstat"

xbytez@donglebookpro ~ % kextstat | grep vmware

115    0 0xffffff7f9f049000 0x4000     0x4000     com.vmware.kext.vmioplug.19.5.0 (19.5.0) 93055748-9D70-3575-B2E3-DDF295C269B4 <61 6 5 3 1>

xbytez@donglebookpro ~ %

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Does not work, will not work.  Wait for the update to the tech preview coming sometime in July.

0 Kudos
sociallyencrypt
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to fix this part of the error by following the steps given here: When opening a virtual machine in VMware Fusion I get the error " Could not open dev vmmon Broken pi...

However, it was followed up by a "Not enough physical memory" error, as detailed here: "Not Enough Physical Memory" error on MacOS Big Sur Beta 1

Till now, I haven't found a solution/workaround for this.

0 Kudos
MarekPro
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have also the issue with my new mac software. 

I think the solution recommended by the company is not fair. We paid for the app and it should work. Its the first time in my life I see software which was paid where to resolve a bug the producer says that you need to buy higher version of the program.

I am strongly disappointed of the way how they deal with the customers. For me the policy of the company is really strange. The software doesnt work, you can't even send information to the support but you can buy new version of the software.

The last thing what I am going to do is to buy anything from those people. 

That is my feedback.

0 Kudos