VMware Communities
Andy_Brunner
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error "1769209860" while uploading VM from Fusion Pro 11.5.5 to vCenter Server 6.7

After having uploaded several different VMs from VMware Fusion Pro 11.5.5 to vCenter Server 6.7 (licensed as "Essentials"), I suddenly get error "1769209860" for any additional VMs to be uploaded. No other information is available.

Question:

Is there a limit of 10 VMs on a single ESXi host controlled by vCenter Server 6.7? Couldn't find a restriction on VMs, only on number of CPUs.

Thanks for any help.

Andy Brunner

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andy_Brunner
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello André

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I could not find the cause in the log files of VMware Fusion. But I recreated a new VM by keeping only the VMDK file (therefore recreating all other files) and voila, this newly created VM could be uploaded to vCenter.

Strange, but it worked.

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There's no limit regarding VMs on an ESXi host, other than what the host can handle (CPU, memory, ...).

Did the issue occur out of the blue, or has something been changed on the Mac, e.g. updates, ...?

Did you check whether any log files are created which contain details about the error?

André

0 Kudos
Andy_Brunner
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello André

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I could not find the cause in the log files of VMware Fusion. But I recreated a new VM by keeping only the VMDK file (therefore recreating all other files) and voila, this newly created VM could be uploaded to vCenter.

Strange, but it worked.

Andy

0 Kudos