VMware Communities
Faber1
Contributor
Contributor

Error messages on vm running with 10

I have Fusion 12 personal license that was installed on my Mac Catalina.  It worked fine until one of the IT’s tried to load an upgrade.  It was not supported so it was removed.  But then my vm wouldn’t open.  It shows an error message: could not open/dev/vmmon. Broken Pipe

——————————————————————————————————————

After that is closed another drops down:  Failed to initiate monitor device.

After that is closed another drops down saying: Transport (VMDB) Error-14: Pipe connection has been broken.

I re-initiaded the other version and it now says the same thing,  What do I do, I can’t get any technical help from VM, I suppose because It has a personal Key.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Faber1 

Moderator: Please try and create a thread in the area for the product used - moved to Fusion Discussions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Faber1
Contributor
Contributor

Your feeding good info to a coding dummy.  Thread from where to where?  Are you talking about a link of sorts?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Faber1 

Moderator: You created your thread in the wrong area of VMTN so I moved it for you to the correct area based on your topic and product. That’s all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
Faber1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

I don't use boards so I am not familiar with protocol.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Faber1 

This would be worth you reading: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Technical-Community-Resources/VMware-Community-Code-of-Conduct/ta-...

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The reason why moderators move posts, is to make sure that questions get better attention by e.g. other users who are using the same product.

Anyway, I'm not a Mac user, but from reading several posts, https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/80467 explains the issue, and should help solving it.

André

0 Kudos