VMware Communities
darksider9
Contributor
Contributor

Enabling Replay/Record for Execution Trace in Fusion

Hi All,

I am trying to find out how to turn on the execution trace (replay/record) feature in VMWare Fusion 5.0.3.  Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?  Any help is much appreciated.

R,

Darksider9

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Not sure what feature you're referring to, are you referring to debugging?  If yes, then it's under: Virtual Machine > Settings... > Other > Advanced > Troubleshooting

0 Kudos
darksider9
Contributor
Contributor

From what I have read this feature allows someone to run and application and see exactly what it is doing.  So you have the ability to go back second by second and see the changes that occurred.  So you can make changes if you need to.  It is almost like a snapshot for every second, or using screen captures.

Darksider9

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Darksider9,

Execution Record/Replay was never supported on VMware Fusion, and is no longer a supported feature of VMware Workstation either.  I'm not aware of any way of coaxing it into working on Fusion at all (and I have tried, back when it was supported on the parallel release of Workstation).  Sorry!

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Okay, I know what you're referring to and it was never implemented in VMware Fusion and was removed from VMware Workstation starting with VMware Workstation 8.

0 Kudos