VMware Communities
scottmk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Email prompt to "set a status update."

Hi.

I'm a Fusion 2/3 user, and I confess that I'm struggling with the recent Community website interface changes.

Today I received an email from VMWare Communities, and the first section is "Your Status."  Under that it states, "You haven't set a status update.  Log in and set your status."

So, what does this mean?  I logged in, and I can't find anything anywhere about how to "set my status," or what it even means.

Obviously, it must be pretty basic and perhaps I'm just missing it.  Any help will be appreciated, as always.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mreed9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is the link for the homepage presented after logging in.

http://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa

Here is where the "Your View" tab is located on the homepage.

VMware Community Your View.JPG

Here is where to set a status update after clicking on the "Your View" tab.

Your View Status Update.JPG

Here is an alternative location to set the status update which accessible by clicking on your profile.

Profile Status Update.JPG

Hope this helps as it is a bit tricky to find.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
mreed9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am assuming it is the option "Let others know what your up to" under the username on your profile page. After clicking it you can type in your status.

0 Kudos
scottmk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply, mreed9.  Wow, who knew that "Let others know what you're up to" was a link that lets one "update" (their status)?

Like I wrote in my OP, I'm not yet familiar with the changes to Communities.  The whole site redesign seems obscure and a bit dense to me so far.

0 Kudos
scottmk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ahah!  There it is:  when you log in, if you click the "Your view" tab, at the top of the right-hand column is "Status Updates," and "Let others know what you're up to" is a link that lets you edit that field.

Good grief!

0 Kudos
vadimsob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Scottmk, I'm sorry but i didn't find the "Your view" tab after log in. May be it's new design of VmWare site? Can you write the link to this window? I have the same problem with the often messages on e-mail (but I use VmWare Player).

0 Kudos
dchunt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  If I click on the 'Log in and set your status' link sent in the Weekly Community Updates email, it doesn't take me to a specific page on the VMware communities site.  Also like 'vadimsob' I don't see a 'Your View' link after logging in.

Dan

0 Kudos
mreed9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Here is the link for the homepage presented after logging in.

http://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa

Here is where the "Your View" tab is located on the homepage.

VMware Community Your View.JPG

Here is where to set a status update after clicking on the "Your View" tab.

Your View Status Update.JPG

Here is an alternative location to set the status update which accessible by clicking on your profile.

Profile Status Update.JPG

Hope this helps as it is a bit tricky to find.

0 Kudos
scottmk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well done, mreed9!  I just replied to Dan with the same information, but without the screencaps.

Frankly, the reminder to "set a status update" is a bit annoying.  I've just learned to ignore it.

Thanks for taking the time to put this comprehensive reply together and to post it.

0 Kudos
scottmk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Once you've logged in you should see a row of tabs beginning with "Home." The next tab to the right is "Your View." After clicking on "Your View" (wait for the page to load) you will see "Status Updates" at the top of the far right-hand column. There is a hyperlink that says, "Let others know what you're up to."

0 Kudos
vadimsob
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, Mreed9 and Scottmk!

0 Kudos
dchunt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That did it.  Thanks very much.

Dan

0 Kudos
Norwalk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Like you I've been ignoring and deleting the messages -- thanks for your help.

0 Kudos