VMware Communities
tull
Contributor
Contributor

Educational Pricing

I cannot see any reference on the VMware site or in this forum with regards to pricing for VMware Fusion for educational institutions - I teach in a secondary school (ages 11-18) in the UK and would be interested in purchasing up to 100 licences for Fusion when it becomes available. Is anyone aware of a pricing structure for schools?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

That's a good question for our product manager, Pat Lee -- I don't think anyone else can answer it. Pat's on vacation for a couple days; I'll make sure he sees this topic when he gets back.

0 Kudos
tull
Contributor
Contributor

Any further updates regarding this please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I cannot see any reference on the VMware site or in

this forum with regards to pricing for VMware Fusion

for educational institutions - I teach in a secondary

school (ages 11-18) in the UK and would be interested

in purchasing up to 100 licences for Fusion when it

becomes available. Is anyone aware of a pricing

structure for schools?

Many thanks.

Thanks for your interest in VMware Fusion. At this time, the only pricing we can discuss is the announced suggested retail price of $79.99.

While I can't discuss VMware Fusion specific pricing details, VMware does have a history of supporting education.

As soon as I can discuss other pricing details before we GA the product, I will let everyone know.

Best,

Pat Lee

Senior Product Manager - Mac Products

VMware

0 Kudos
johnkershaw
Contributor
Contributor

I too am interested in educational pricing, though my needs are more modest. I'm junking our primary school's PCs this holiday and replacing them with MacBooks running either Parallels (which I own and use and have had no problems with) or VMWare (which I'm currently installing). If I go for VMWare at the 50% off price it'll leave me enough spare for some hardware upgrades.

The August deadline swift approaches - any idea when your educational pricing will be available?

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would guess that education pricing won't be announced until GA. More details as I have them.

Pat

0 Kudos
wdeboer
Contributor
Contributor

I think $39 at the moment is quite educational priced at the moment! For less then $80US you should be \*able* to be done Windows XP license and VMWare Fusion.

0 Kudos