I upgraded my 2019 Macbook Pro to Big Sug 11.1 today, and now keep seeing ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on Edge Chrome or Google Chrome on VM Windows 10 Pro.
I have to keep hitting the refresh button to continue, but it's now taking longer to get stuff done through HTTPS connections.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I ran into a similar issue on 11.6 with Fusion 12.1.2. After trying various steps in Windows (resetting SSL cache, verify the date/time, clearing browser cache, etc.) I found solution. I have a Hyperdrive adapter on my MacBook Pro with a gigabit ethernet cord that is usually connected to the router. I also have Wifi enabled (same network) with a lower priority in macOS Network. The Windows VM is set to use a Bridged (Automatic) connection. Digging into the VM settings, I noticed the gigabit connection showed as offline. I checked and the cable wasn't complete plugged in. As soon as I connected the cable, sites started loading correctly in Windows.
You might check to see if you have an offline network adaptor in macOS and try deactivating or deleting it. It's almost like the Fusion adaptor was routing some connections through the offline adaptor, but not others (I could ping valid IPs across the internet).
Don't know if this will help, but hopefully my experience benefits someone!