VMware Communities
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Drag & drop file stored in host Mac over application icon in virtual machine Dock does not activate such application and does not open in VMware Fusion Professional Version 10.1.0

Drag & drop file stored in host Mac over application icon in virtual machine Dock does not activate such application and does not open. If I do it over the application icon itself in Finder, then the file shows with forbidden sign and does not activate or open the application either. The issue arises with VMware Fusion Professional Version 10.1.0 (7370838). No problem with previous VMware Fusion Professional version 8.

The issue arises with Palm Desktop 4.2.1 but not with Eudora 6.2.4. No problem if I open first such application and then open the file via "File - Open menu".

Virtual machine [Mac OS X Server 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (10K549)] in host Mac [iMac 27-inch Retina 5K with 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, booting from internal APPLE SSD SM2048L (2TB) with macOS 10.12.6 (16G1114) Sierra]. No problem in other similar iMac, but booting from external Samsung Portable SSD T5 2TB. In such latter case, the Palm Desktop file stored in host Mac shows in virtual machine window with its icon. Yet, in the first Mac where the issue arises, the icon is generic (white sheet of paper). So, somehow Palm Desktop does not recognize it as its own file type in such first Mac.

How to fix it?

Season’s greetings and Happy New Year!

0 Kudos
0 Replies