VMware Communities
beniamino38
Contributor
Contributor

Downloads fail on Mac guest OS

I am running VMware Fusion 8 on Mac OS X El Capitan. I have Linux, Mac and Windows 10 guests which access the Internet using the default VMware networking option (NAT). The Linux and Windows guests work fine. But I cannot download large files on the Mac guest. When I try, downloads stall after a few 10s of megabytes. This happens with the App Store, Safari and curl. The amount downloaded varies each time. Sometimes, resuming the download allows me to get a little further. I have tried Yosemite and El Capian guest OSes with the same results.

I am completely stumped. Why would Mac guess be different from other OSes? Is my problem with the host OS, VMware, VMware tools, or the guest OS? How can I begin to debug this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
beniamino38
Contributor
Contributor

I fixed my problem by downgrading to 8.0.2.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Were you using 8.1 or 8.1.1? We had some weird networking issues with 8.1 that we fixed in 8.1.1

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
nancyz
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi beniamino38,

Which kind of file were you trying to download and what's the size of that file? I could download a 1.1GB file using http via safari. Also, I updated my 10.11VM via app store and got successful.

0 Kudos