VMware Communities
legalguy
Contributor
Contributor

Downgrade to old version

Is there a way to downgrade to the older version?

Version 1 worked really great. Version 2 turned out to be a disaster.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The result was I could not start it because it gave me an error message that my image contained features from a later version.

That's expected if you upgraded the virtual hardware. See http://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2008/10/vmware-fusion-1.html

I then reinstalled version 2. But for some reason it is not upgrading to the new version. When I run the app it still shows the old version.

There's an OS X bug where if you have multiple disk images with the same name mounted, you might not be accessing the files you think you are. Eject all disk images, then open the Fusion 2 disk image.

0 Kudos
legalguy
Contributor
Contributor

You are right on point with the suggestion. Thank you.

I ejected all previous images, uninstalled any version, and reinstalled version 2. Then I downgraded the virtual machine. After I reinstalled version 1.3 everything seemed to work well again.

This is such a fantastic product. I would recommend it to anyone. It was a shame to release a new version that was not adequately tested.

0 Kudos
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Version 1 worked really great. Version 2 turned out to be a disaster.

Please let us know what problems you ran into. We'd love to fix them, but we need to know:

1) What happened,

2) How you made it happen,

3) What you expect to happen, and

4) What guest operating system you're running in the virtual machine

0 Kudos