VMware Communities
edj
Contributor
Contributor

Does Fusion Support Drag and Drop From Outlook to Mac?

I am thinking of switching to Fusion from Parallels and the biggest feature I'm looking for is being able to drag an email attachment from Outlook 2007 on my virtual machine and drop it into a mac folder or at least on the mac OS desktop.

Does Fusion support this function?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Ed

edj

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No, there is something odd about how Outlook does drag and drop outside of it onto the desktop. You will need to right click on the file and save it to a Shared Folder to put it directly on the Mac.

Pat

0 Kudos
edj
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Is this something that Fusion might support in the future? I wish . . .

0 Kudos
IMware
Contributor
Contributor

this is now supported in Fusion 1.1.2 and outlook 2007.

0 Kudos
ssholloway
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running Fusion 1.1.3 and Outlook 2007 and I cannot drag an attachment from an email to the Mac desktop or onto a finder window. The cursor turns into a circle with a slashed line as soon as I cross over the boundary of the XP window. What's the secret?

0 Kudos
IMware
Contributor
Contributor

From Mac Desktop to Outlook 2007, you can directly add any file as an attachment.

From Outlook 2007, you have to go through an intermediate Shared Folder. So if you have your Mac OS Desktop as the Shared Folder, you can just drag an attachment and drop it in the Shared Folder, it would appear on the Mac Desktop. Not as elegant, but works.

0 Kudos