VMware Communities
ErocMillsie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Does Fusion 7 Support USB 3.0 with Windows 7?

Pretty simple question.  Is it supported?  If not, there there is absolutely no compelling reason to upgrade.

Early 2011 MacBook Pro and Early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina - OS X (Latest Release) - VMware Fusion (Latest Release)
Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErocMillsie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

FAIL!

Early 2011 MacBook Pro and Early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina - OS X (Latest Release) - VMware Fusion (Latest Release)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

NO!

0 Kudos
ErocMillsie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

FAIL!

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

We really don't need multiple threads going about the same topic.  It's been explained many times why this is the case.  Contact Microsoft, not VMWare.

0 Kudos
ErocMillsie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ummmm...yes we do.  I know it didn't work in Fusion 6, as myself and many others have complained about it.  I was simply asking if Fusion 7 supported it.  I now know it doesn't and I won't waste my money on it, and I hope others who need USB 3.0 support in Microsoft's most widely used operating system don't waste their money on it either.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

As many others have responded to you in other threads, which included references to the technical preview for Fusion 7, contact Microsoft, not VMWare.  It's not a Fusion problem, it's a MSFT limitation - and likely a deliberate one on their part to force people to upgrade.  There's plenty of workarounds.

0 Kudos
MeInQ8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

maybe this driver will work?

0 Kudos