VMware Communities
Jagoche
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does Fusion 6 works with MacOS 10.12.6?

Hello,

I cannot start existing or install new virtual machines on Fusion 6.0.6, running MacOS 10.12.6 on Macbook early 2015.

Fusion itself starts well, but when I try to run or install virtual machine nothing happens. Black screen and nothing. If I try to quit Fusion it refuses to quit saying virtual machine is "busy".

Same virtual machines run without problems on Macbook with OS X 11.

Any help will be appreciated.

J.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi J.

As Daphnissov already made it clear that it does not work and showed you the official documentation on it, here's a bit of extra background info.

I have not even seen anyone with Fusion 6.x report that they have been able to run it on macOS Sierra, it was indeed possible to get it to work on earlier versions.

As far as I know you need at least Fusion 8 to be able to run it on macOS Sierra. Fusion 7 might work, but in that case expect to see some problems like crashing.

So the only thing you can do at this moment is to uninstall Fusion 6 and then get the trial version of Fusion 10.

If you want to test the newer version to see if it is worth your spending you can install and run a 30 day fully functional version before actually committing to spending anything.

After the 30 days, you buy a license to change the installed Fusion into an unlimited version.

Fusion evaluation (download link at the bottom)

hope this helps,

-

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, Fusion 6 does not work with Sierra. For the full compatibility list, see here: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2088571

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi J.

As Daphnissov already made it clear that it does not work and showed you the official documentation on it, here's a bit of extra background info.

I have not even seen anyone with Fusion 6.x report that they have been able to run it on macOS Sierra, it was indeed possible to get it to work on earlier versions.

As far as I know you need at least Fusion 8 to be able to run it on macOS Sierra. Fusion 7 might work, but in that case expect to see some problems like crashing.

So the only thing you can do at this moment is to uninstall Fusion 6 and then get the trial version of Fusion 10.

If you want to test the newer version to see if it is worth your spending you can install and run a 30 day fully functional version before actually committing to spending anything.

After the 30 days, you buy a license to change the installed Fusion into an unlimited version.

Fusion evaluation (download link at the bottom)

hope this helps,

-

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
Jagoche
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you both for your answers.

On my MacOS 10.12.6 Fusion 6 does start and seems to work until the point when I try to start existing or install new virtual machine.

I guess I'm out of luck. Fusion 6 is not eligible for upgrade to version 10. And I cannot even try Fusion 10 evaluation. After installing it the window shows 0 days left for evaluation.

J.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

There are certain circumstances under which it can happen that a freshly installed Fusion will have an expired license, unfortunately I cannot help you with that myself.

Perhaps vmware support can set you up with a trial license code.

Mikero​ can you help this user out somehow?

--

Wil

0 Kudos