VMware Communities
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

Dock Icons

is there any way to run in unity mode and not have the windows icons in the dock? i have the windows start menu showing in unity mode and it seems redundant to have them in the dock and in the windows start bar. they also look terrible and clutter up my dock. it seems like i've read that the older versions had this ability but not anymore.

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sdsaavedra
Contributor
Contributor

In Win 7 I just drag the icon out of the dock & it very elegantly goes "poof."

:-)Shawn

0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

right and thats when you've said keep in dock. i'm talking about when my guest is running; all its running apps are displayed in the dock as well as the windows start bar.

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
Entegy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't think so, mainly because the Start Menu does not show what Windows apps are currently running. So when in Unity, the Dock is what takes care of currently running apps since there is no taskbar to place them.

0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

if you have it set to show the windows start bar when in unity it does and you end up with your apps on the dock and the start bar

0 Kudos