VMware Communities
hankers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Display corruption with Fusion 11.5, Catalina and Windows 7 on an iMac

Does anyone have any clues as to why my display looks like the attached? I have a Late 2015 iMac running Catalina 10.15.1 with the latest copy of Fusion 11.5 running a Window 7 Service Pack 1 VM. I've upgraded the Hardware Version in the Compatibility Settings in Fusion to version 16, I've tried playing with the video and memory settings, to no avail. The display is fine when I enter Safe Mode in windows, so it appears like it's a driver issue, but I don't know how to update/modify/change the video driver when in normal mode since I can't actually see what I'm doing with the display corrupted (every movement creates further, unreadable disrupted artifacts on-screen). Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi hankers,

Would yo please try to uninstall the VMware Tools and reinstall it in your Windows VM and see if it helps?

If the issue persists, would you please attach the vmware.log to this thread? You can find it by following the steps as below.

1) Click VMware Fusion=>Window=> Virtual Machine Library.

2) Right click the VM you are running with.

3) Press Command button, then choose 'Open latest log file'

4) Click 'Reveal' button on the left top window

Regards,

-Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi hankers,

Would yo please try to uninstall the VMware Tools and reinstall it in your Windows VM and see if it helps?

If the issue persists, would you please attach the vmware.log to this thread? You can find it by following the steps as below.

1) Click VMware Fusion=>Window=> Virtual Machine Library.

2) Right click the VM you are running with.

3) Press Command button, then choose 'Open latest log file'

4) Click 'Reveal' button on the left top window

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
hankers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. This fixed it. VMWare Tools was not installed and it took a little effort to do it with a distorted display, but I got it done. The display is now fixed. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos