VMware Communities
CheMillan
Contributor
Contributor

Display Resolution Problem VMWare Fusion 6.0.3 [10.6.8 Server Virtual Machine]

Hello,

The display resolution for my 10.6 Server virtual machine is ONLY 1024x768 on a 27" iMac 256gb SSD with 10.9.2 Mavericks.  This is unacceptable.  I need instructions on how to fix the virtual machine display resolution so that it is at the iMac's native resolution of 2560x1440.  Please Help.  :smileycry:

Thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Downeaster59
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar problem with my MacBook Pro. My resolution keeps reverting to 1280 by 800, when I keep setting it at 1920 by 1200. (retina settings make text and icons way too small). Has to be a bug in Fusion 6.0.3. 

0 Kudos
CheMillan
Contributor
Contributor

There has to be a way to fix this resolution problem.  I still use some legacy photography programs that requires Rosetta so a 1024x768 resolution on a 27" iMac will not do.  I've updated the VMWare Tools with no results.  System Preferences Display Settings and VMWare Settings only shows 1024x768 resolution.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

If you drag the corner of the guest window, it doesn't increase in size?

0 Kudos
CheMillan
Contributor
Contributor

Dragging the corner of the guest OS window does absolutely nothing to resize or increase the resolution.

0 Kudos
cropas
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem on my machine. Can someone fix that please?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

cropas wrote: I have the same problem on my machine. Can someone fix that please?

Have you installed VMware Tools in the Guest OS?

0 Kudos
cropas
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I updated VM tools on the guest.

0 Kudos
cropas
Contributor
Contributor

Another reinstalation of VM tools helped. Now i can work in native resolution.

0 Kudos