VMware Communities
BF2
Contributor
Contributor

Disk space

Hello - first time to vm discussion.  I have an older version VM 7 working on my MacBook Pro with El Capitan.  I know its old!   But it is working.  Right now I'm trying to load a program that requires 2.5gb.  I do not remember how to check how much available space there is and what can be done to free up some.   I do have the program already on the system and even when trying to overwrite the existing exe file it still says that I need 2.5gb and shuts down.  Any suggestions?  I would love to upgrade VM Fusion but then I need to upgrade programs and that gets too expensive right now.  Thank you.  Bud

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

First thing to find out is whether it's a disk space issue on the host, or within the guest OS (assuming the 2.5GB is related to HDD space, and not to memory).
For how to find out about the free disk space, on the MACOS see e.g  https://www.macworld.com/article/226152/how-to-check-a-mac-free-hard-drive-space.html, for the Windows 7 guest, open the Windows Explorer, right-click the drive, and select Properties.

André

0 Kudos