VMware Communities
AFMUC
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted my account

Hi,

I deleted my account here by fault and did lose my license information all together. Ideally I want to refresh my old account and retrieve my license information back. I bought the upgrade to Fusion 12 today (through "Digital River", order # 1013998484639, invoice # 6644188333, paid with PayPal - confirmation available).

Please help me. I bought the upgrade assuming that it already supports the M1 silicon, but it does not (if I understand well). Nevertheless I can use the license on a different Mac with Intel CPU.

AFMUC, Munich, Germany

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is possible to recover the account. Perhaps @jennivmtn can help with that.

As for the license. Normally the license code is also send in a confirmation email.
You might not be able to register it again within my.vmware.com, you could open a ticket there.
For registering VMware Fusion itself, it doesn't matter, as long as you have the license code.
VMware doesn't use activation servers, so you can use it, plus you have the invoice to proof it is yours.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Chened1
Contributor
Contributor

how can i accidentally delete my post

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Chened1 

What do you mean “accidentally delete my post”?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

@scott28ttnew account, several BS replies --> 10:1 it's a spammer, posting a few replies to test the waters before the links come in.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
AFMUC
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Wil

I did find the confirmation email you mentioned in my SPAM folder in the meantime. I got the registration code back and can install Fusion 12 on one of my Intel Macs. Done ...
Any idea when Fusion will be released to support the M1 silicon from Apple? 

Regards, André

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello André,

I don't work for VMware and VMware tends to not give time lines.

However, when looking at the past, they do tend to have a new release of Fusion/Workstation around their annual conference. The US version of the conference is now at August 29, so around that date would be my best guess.

--
Wil

0 Kudos