VMware Communities
YosemiteSam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Delay in VOIP programs run in WinXP VM

I am currently running WinXP SP3 in a VM on the latest version of Fusion (v2.0.2) on an aluminum MacBook. I have a Cisco IP Communicator phone that I run in the VM. My problem is that I get a delay of about 1 second when I try to talk with somebody using either a plug or USB headset. When I run the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (stripped down utility) in the Mac OS, I do not hear any delays. I'm guessing this means Fusion, or the fact that I am running VOIP in a VM is somehow causing the delay. Any ideas of how I can eliminate the delay, or is anybody else seeing similar behavior? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davidlr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am not sure if anyone has answered this elsewhere or come up with a fix, but I have a similar problem, Fusion (2.0.2), WinXP and using AT&T's Interwise web conferencing. I am getting a similar or longer delay using in-built mic and headphones. Any ideas? Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
davidlr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am not sure if anyone has answered this elsewhere or come up with a fix, but I have a similar problem, Fusion (2.0.2), WinXP and using AT&T's Interwise web conferencing. I am getting a similar or longer delay using in-built mic and headphones. Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
YosemiteSam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It looks like the culprit for me was simply switching from NAT to Bridged mode in the network adapter settings. Once I did that, no more echo or delay. I spoke with one of the Fusion architects at VMworld in France last month and he explained it all to me and making that change did the trick for me. I hope that helps!

0 Kudos
davidlr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! I have just checked and am already in Bridged mode. Oh well - back to the drawing board.

0 Kudos