VMware Communities
wjphoto
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Defunct Utility View and File Transfer

Ok I'm new to VMWare and I recently installed Windows 7 Ulitimate x86 and it doesn't seem to be working like it should.  So Windows itself is working perfectly, well as good as windows can :smileysilly:.  So the first struggle is with file transferring.  On the website and in the training videos VMWare states that you can simply drag and drop files from Windows to OSX with no problems, well not for me.  It simply just doesn't work.  I can't move a file in our out of Windows.  So that's problem #1.  The other issue is that I can't run in Utility view, the icon on the top just doesn't light up so I can click it.  As well when I click on the icon in the menu bar to search for applications to add into my utility view nothing shows up at all.  I couldn't find any information in the Knowledge Base and if anyone can help by pointing me in the right direction of articles or other posts, that would be awesome. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The other issue is that I can't run in Utility view

Did you mean Unity View? Assuming yes, copy/paste, drag and drop, as well as Unity are taken care of by VMware Tools. It's likely VMware Tools isn't installed inside Windows.

This article will show you how to install: Installing VMware Tools in a Fusion virtual machine running Windows

Let me know if that helps.

-Eric

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The other issue is that I can't run in Utility view

Did you mean Unity View? Assuming yes, copy/paste, drag and drop, as well as Unity are taken care of by VMware Tools. It's likely VMware Tools isn't installed inside Windows.

This article will show you how to install: Installing VMware Tools in a Fusion virtual machine running Windows

Let me know if that helps.

-Eric

0 Kudos
wjphoto
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks so much that worked like a charm Smiley Happy

0 Kudos