VMware Communities
mirzack
Contributor
Contributor

Crashing vmware on iMac

Hi all

i have started getting repeat kernel panics on my imac since moving to vmware i have tried every step you can think of - reinstalling VMware, reinstalling maOS, erasing and reinstalling macOS etc nothing seems to help while doing boxes, my machine will freeze and restart any ideas?? attached is the report from my mac

other details

iMac Retina 5K 27inch, 2020, 32 GB, 3.6Ghz i9

Running VMware Fusion

please help!

thank you 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

What versions of macOS and Fusion are you running? Looks like some macOS 11 Bg Sur release. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

MacOS version?

Fusion version?

What VM or VMs are you trying to run?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mirzack
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply

macOS 11.4. Big Sur

VMware Fusion 12.1.2

0 Kudos
mirzack
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply

macOS 11.4. Big Sur

VMware Fusion 12.1.2

I am running Kali Linux 2021.2 as the VM

0 Kudos
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry, not only windows 10 64 bit crahes with the newest fusion version 12.1.2, but all virtual machines, also windows 7 32 or 64 bit!

The problem is osx 12.0 beta, the same virtual machines works perfectly under osx 11.5

Vmware must clear with apple the reason and this must be solved until this version will be released in next time

0 Kudos
mirzack
Contributor
Contributor

Update

I have found that since disconnecting my Dell external display, I am able to use VMware without any issues

Any ideas why this may be the case? 

0 Kudos