VMware Communities
10isbum
Contributor
Contributor

Crashes & Issues with Quicken 2006? Windows XP hangs...

I had Fusion running flawlessly on a new MB Pro with Windows XP for a month. Added Quicken 2006 got it running perfectly... Quit Fusion, Shutdown my mac and and headed OUT OF TOWN confident that all is OK so I left without my windows disk... so now after 20hrs of my own troubleshooting, reading the docs, trying to figure out the support pages, restarting, reseting, rolling back, re-installing, trying a different rollback, taking snapshots, reinstalling, resetting, upgrading to 2.0.1 I'm still stuck with no fusion!!! Sometimes I get past the blue screen and get the bubble - unused desktop items, and othertimes hangs in the blue, sometimes I am able to have the mouse pickup the start menu but usually after one click it hangs. I also get the tools out of date.... Even sending Control ALT Delete thru the menu doesn't work. I'm had to force quit and on two occasions hold down the power key. One reinstall had my registry fried so I rolled back and got that fixed. I can't believe I my 'complimentary' support ended right before my problems started... Almost as if it was built into the financial model. I'm ON EST so I'm quiting for the night and look forward to any comments and suggestions. I think I've found a nasty bug and this is a HUGE problem IF I'm not able to get into any Windows apps... I also could have sworn I had taken a snapshot when all was working and had it auto snap but couldn't find a thing. Is anyone else having problems once they installed Quicken for Windows 2006 Business Premier?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
powervm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check by un-installing and re-installing VMware Tools in XP VM

0 Kudos