VMware Communities
ripnetuk
Contributor
Contributor

Crash on DVB USB driver load on latest version of VMWare Fusion

Hi,

Since upgrading to the latest (current as of 24/04/09) version of VMWare fusion, from 2 versions back, using my USB DVB (Digital Video card - freecom) causes my Mac Pro to kernel panic (unsure what correct apple term is for this). I will post more details when I get to the physical machine and reset it.

It worked perfectly on the previous (actually previous but 1) release.

Does anyone know how to set a Mac to automatically reboot when it panics, rather than hanging?

Is there any helpful information I can gather to get to the bottom of why it no longer works?

Im planning on downgrading my install back to the old version. That worked perfectly for months and months, reliably recording programs from the TV card.

cheers

George

0 Kudos
2 Replies
conleyj
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue... trying to install Garmin Training Center for Windows v3.4.3 on VMWare Fusion 2.0.4 on WinXP sp3. I have a Garmin Edge 305. It kernel panic'd every time I tried to install with the device plugged in in USB 2.0 mode. I got it to work in normal USB mode, and by initially having the device unplugged.

0 Kudos
ripnetuk
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm that downgrading to the old version of VMWare Fusion DIDNT solve the issue. It could have been the OS/X updates I did at the same time (and forgot about)... or i could just have been lucky before...

I cant use non-fast USB for DVB as there is too much data. On the bright side, there is plenty of video about on the web to watch, and im watching less and less broadcast tele anyway.

g

0 Kudos