VMware Communities
purplepunch
Contributor
Contributor

Could not connect 'Ethernet1' to a virtual network (mvnet5). Vmware Fusion Pro macOS URGENT

On start up VMware Fusion popup displays, "Could not connect 'Ethernet1' to virtual network (vmnet5). More information can be found in the vmware.log file. Virtual device 'Ethernet1' will disconnect.". The issue persists in each virtual device (Ethernet) after Ethernet0, Ethernet0 cannot connect to the internet. The Ethernet1 works if used with 'Share with my Mac' but is needed to be run on a custom vmnet(vmnet10) to which the windows server ethernet network cable remains unplugged with no resolution. I've tried restarting the Mac, uninstalling and reinstalling VMware Fusion, checking for update, creating a new VM, removing and adding a new network adapter, etc. I'm currently running VMware Fusion Pro 12.2.3 (up-to-date) on a Macbook Pro macOS Monterey v12.4. Please and thank you!

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
purplepunch
Contributor
Contributor

vmware.log files attached

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Could you attach

• the vmware.log file that is present in the VM's bundle/directory (that file is not present in the problem report zip file you've posted)
  • information from the VM about the networking device that it sees. In particular what type of network adapter the VM thinks it's seeing in the Windows Device Manager.

Thanks. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

I am not surprised that your virtual network behaves strange.
You renamed or labelled your vmnet5 to vmnet10.
Do you really need to do that ? - if you specify vmnet10 in any of your vmx-files strange behaviour is to be expected.

I would suggest suggest to review your vmnets and do some housekeeping.
Please attach vmware.log and the vmx-file of your misbehaving VMs.

Ulli

0 Kudos