VMware Communities
systame
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Copy files from non-running virtual machine?

I had a Win 7 beta which expired and had some files I didn't back up. Is there any way to access the files from this VM or are they gone?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I had a Win 7 beta which expired and had some files I didn't back up. Is there any way to access the files from this VM or are they gone?

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Using VMDKMounter to Mount a Virtual Disk as a Mac Volume

Note: If VMDKMounter mounts successfully you will not be notified and a white drive icon labeled Untitled, or the Name of the Volume if changed from the default, should appear on your Desktop.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Using VMDKMounter to Mount a Virtual Disk as a Mac Volume

Note: If VMDKMounter mounts successfully you will not be notified and a white drive icon labeled Untitled, or the Name of the Volume if changed from the default, should appear on your Desktop.

0 Kudos
systame
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. Discovered I had to shut down the VM 1st, as it was suspended.

0 Kudos