VMware Communities
jwedding
Contributor
Contributor

Copy and Paste Across Fusion to X?

So, I write a fair number of tech docs, and use Snagit from TechSmith day in and out. I typically can grab the window, crop as needed, and copy the preview image in Snagit, then paste in Word. If I try and do this from the XP guest out into Pages on Leopard, I get the last thing I copied on Leopard.

Any suggestions or ideas? I thought the clipboard moved across the OSes.

Thanks in advance!

J. Wedding

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I wouldn't be surprised if the type of data is limited to text-only (the size is also limited, probably for performance reasons - this would also affect what you can copy/paste). A workaround might be to just do the screen grab the window in OS X in the first place.

0 Kudos
jwedding
Contributor
Contributor

You're probably right on the limit of the clipboard. I guess I'm back to writing in Word for most of these docs. The application in question is AutoCAD, so Unity is pretty ugly. I'd also considered clipping from OS X, but that means I'd have to do a lot more cropping of images, where as Snagit does a perfect dialog only grab that I can then annotate and roll with.

Thanks for answering. I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

FWIW, one of the OS X grab modes lets you select a region (the default key sequence is Command-Shift-4) - if you're good, you won't need any cropping.

0 Kudos