VMware Communities
smcracraft
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Copy a file into VMware machine from Host OS (to Guest OS)

Hi,

I need to migrate some data into

the Guest OS from the Host OS via

VMware.

The Guest runs as a VM in VMware

which is run from the Host OS.

Anyone know of a way to do that?

Thank-you,

Stuart

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I need to migrate some data into the Guest OS from the Host OS via VMware.

The Guest runs as a VM in VMware which is run from the Host OS.

First of all VMware is a Company not a Product and you didn't say what VMware Product you're using nor did you say what OS is on the Host or the Guest so I'd suggest you read the documentation for the VMware Product you're using. In general though the Virtual Machine works the same way a Physical Machine does so you can do the same between Host and Guest by treating the Guest just as if it was a Physical Machine.

If you have VMware Tools installed in the Guest you can also take advantage of VMware Shared Folders and or the Drag and Drop features on Supported Guest OSes.

BTW Have a look at:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I need to migrate some data into the Guest OS from the Host OS via VMware.

The Guest runs as a VM in VMware which is run from the Host OS.

First of all VMware is a Company not a Product and you didn't say what VMware Product you're using nor did you say what OS is on the Host or the Guest so I'd suggest you read the documentation for the VMware Product you're using. In general though the Virtual Machine works the same way a Physical Machine does so you can do the same between Host and Guest by treating the Guest just as if it was a Physical Machine.

If you have VMware Tools installed in the Guest you can also take advantage of VMware Shared Folders and or the Drag and Drop features on Supported Guest OSes.

BTW Have a look at:

0 Kudos