VMware Communities
hos98003
Contributor
Contributor

Copy/Paste not working in OS 10.8.2 and VM Fusion 5.0.2

I"ve reinstalled, repaired, and everything else I could think of with the VMware tools. Still no luck. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

What's the guest OS?

0 Kudos
hos98003
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 7

0 Kudos
TotalTri
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem! I have Mac OS 10.7.5 and VMwareFusion 5.0.2 and i work a lot in Microsoft Excel 2010, in my virtual machine Win7 Pro. Ever since i upgraded to fusion 5.0.2, i've had trouble with windows freezing, and applications not responding and it only happens when i copy/paste. What is the fix for this bug?

0 Kudos
TotalTri
Contributor
Contributor

I just upgraded to MacOSX 10.8.2 as the author of this thread, and i can confirm that Copy Paste is still bugged as hell Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
SantaBarbaraDud
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I have tried re-installing Tools several times (as administrator and not), tried futzing with ownership of the VMWare services, to no avail, and it is driving me a little nuts. (Win7)

0 Kudos
TotalTri
Contributor
Contributor

After updating to the new version 5.0.3 it now works!

0 Kudos
SantaBarbaraDud
Contributor
Contributor

Not for me. Updated to 5.0.3, re-installed VMWare Tools in several ways, including finally doing a full uninstall/reinstall, and I still cannot copy/paste between OX X (10.8.3) and Windows 7 (32-bit) in the VM.  Boy, this is frustrating.

When I originally installed 5.0.2 I had no issues with this. Somewhere along the line it just stopped working.

The VMWare Tools service is set up to log in using the Local system account.  Doesn't make any difference whether I set it to "allow to interact with the desktop" or not. Should it be set up to log in to a different account? I thought I saw somewhere that there should be two instances of the VMWare Tools Service running, but I only see one.

Any help appreciated. Next step may be sledge hammer.

0 Kudos
TotalTri
Contributor
Contributor

I can imagine that, i was so pissed when it keeps freezing. Actually know that i have used it more i can confirm that it still isnt totally fixed. Sometimes when i copypaste complicated excel spreadsheets it stil freezes up sometime.

I can check what bit windows OS i have if you want?

What is VMware tools? Is that the little wrench or something in VMware? Sorry i can help you mate.

0 Kudos