VMware Communities
LibertyTalk
Contributor
Contributor

Copy Paste from MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 (Host) to MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (Guest) Does Not Work

Copy/Paste nor Drag/Drop from MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 (Host) to MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (Guest) does not work.

1.) (Host) is running VMWare Fusion 13.0.1

2.) VMWare Tools is installed on (Guest)

3.) Guest->Settings->Isolation: Enable Drag and Drop = Checked

4.) Guest->Settings->Isolation: Enable Copy and Paste = Checked

Nevertheless, none of the following methods provide transferring the file from (Host) to (Guest):

• drag/drop
  • right-click 'copy' (Host) / right-click 'paste' (Guest)
  • Finder 'copy' (Host) / Finder 'paste' (Guest)

EDIT 01 on 04/04/2023 at 4:55pm ET
===================================

Oddly I can copy text from the HOST to the GUEST, i.e. like a web browser URL from HOST -> GUEST. However, files it seems such as .zip and .png fail to drag/drop copy/paste.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

First, is the host patched using opencore?  If so, all bets are off.

Fusion 13 doesn't actually support Catalina guests, but installing older versions of the tools seems to work for most people.

Make sure the guest OS version is set properly, then try reinstalling the tools manually.  I believe the download link is: https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=VMTOOLS1205&productId=1259&_1=

0 Kudos
LibertyTalk
Contributor
Contributor

Unless there is some other similarly named software, Opencore is a tool for Hackintosh, so not applicable. Will attempt to manually re-install VMWare tools.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Yup, that's why it's unsupported and all bets are off.

There was another thread about this recently, might be worth a forum search if that doesn't work....I don't have the link handy, but it was in the past couple of weeks.

0 Kudos