VMware Communities
ConnectixVPC4Ma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Converting Connectix/MS VPC 6.x VMs to Fusion or Parallels? Is it really possible? Is it easy? HELP!!!

OK. I have aan Apple Powerbook 12" G4 1.33 GHz runing Panther 10.3.9 and Connectix/MS Virtual PC for Mac v6.1.2. Is it possible to smoothly convert my virtual machines to VMware Fusion or Parallels? Please email me with any answers at rnsjunkmail at mac.com. Thanks!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

OK. I have aan Apple Powerbook 12" G4 1.33 GHz runing Panther 10.3.9 and Connectix/MS Virtual PC for Mac v6.1.2. Is it possible to smoothly convert my virtual machines to VMware Fusion or Parallels?

If you want to know about converting for use with Parallels then go ask at parallels.com as this forum is for Fusion!

For importing Virtual Machines with Fusion 2.x have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Creating Virtual Machines > Importing Virtual Machines

Connectix/MS Virtual PC for Mac v6.1.2 is not directly supported by Fusion 2.x Import command so have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Creating Virtual Machines > Converting an Existing Physical PC to a Virtual Machine

You can use VMware vCenter Converter and install it in the running Virtual Machine and walk through the Wizard and act as if its a Physical Machine that you're converting.

0 Kudos