VMware Communities
matt_in_NEFL
Contributor
Contributor

Constant requests for windows reactivation.. there is hope... and a compliment on VMware in general

almost 30 year windows user. Went to MBP last year and a Mac Pro just last month. The leap to Mac way of doing things not too bad. A couple of windows programs I really like like Qimage had me looking at The P program and VM. After DL the trial of fusion, several unanswered emails to VM support went unanswered and things looking bleak.

Kept researching VM and seeing overwhelming good posts. After discovering this forum, guess I can see why product support dept for fusion is a little lax. This forum worth more actually. After getting VMware running on the Mac Pro somehow got into the repeated requests for activation and reactivation loop..Put up with it for 3 days, finally went the telephone route with MS.

The result was a few minutes talking to a computer, (hate that), then finally a human. Gave me a new mega digit activation # and now that problem is history.

As to the compliment part, no matter how I boot, reboot, guest, boot camp, unity, etc, the VMware program just seems to WORK.. PERIOD. Have set the VM guest to work from Boot Camp and the guest to use 1g of the 2g installed. I have a 2nd drive IN the Mac Pro and a couple of external firewires hanging off it. They are all accesible when you learn the ways to do it and are seamless. The network was a non issue, an connected via ariport extreme to the WWW and never had to set anything, it all just works. Qimage runs fine, several stock market programs run fine and the Mac versions of some Nikon stuff and the WINTEL version of Photoshop CS2 & 3 run well.

Am certain there is lots more to learn. May some day delete Boot Camp, but for now have to finally use this thing a few days and can then play more next week.

If there be any lurkers looking for reassurance, VM is the way to go. I can see why it is starting to get overwhelming applause from the tech community.

Congrats to them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

almost 30 year windows user.

The first public release of Windows was in November of 1985 which would mean less than 23 years and that's hardly considered "almost 30 year windows user".

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Woody: It could also be parsed as matt being nearly 30, and also a windows user.

matt: Glad you like Fusion!

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Woody: It could also be parsed as matt being nearly 30, and also a windows user.

Eric: I parsed it the way I did because it made more sense as I find it strange someone 30 years of age would even mention their age however if the person was extremely young or considerably older it may make more sense in that context.

0 Kudos