VMware Communities
nino_tbs
Contributor
Contributor

Connection issue

Hello All,

unfortunately, I've got an issue while connecting VMware Fusion to gns3 system.

Getting the following error message:

Transportfehler (VMDB) -14: Pipe connection has been broken

Any idea?

Please, I need your help

My current macOS Monterey version is 12.2

Thank you 🙏 in advance

Cheers
Nina
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've reported your thread so moderators know it needs moving to the area for Fusion, since this has nothing to do with Skyline.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I noticed your second screen shot, which is warning that you are running Fusion 12 on an Apple Silicon processor under Rosetta and referring you to a VMware tech note.

If you are running Fusion 12 on a M1 Mac, that’s the reason for your problem.  Fusion 12 is not supported and will not run on those models. The GUI will appear to run, but the core hypervisor code will not.  The only version of Fusion that will run on M1 Macs is the Fusion for Apple Silicon Tech Preview. 

Another thing to check: if that Gns3 virtual machine is built for Intel x86_64 CPUs, it won’t run on an M1 Mac. Please reference the VMware tech note https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/84273 noted in your error message. 

Assuming that you have an M1 Mac, three options come to mind

• Run the gns3 virtual machine under Fusion on an Intel Mac (or any other hypervisor on an Intel CPU). 
  • Run the gns3 VM on an M1 Mac using an Intel CPU emulator such as QEMU or UTM
  • See if the gns3 maintainers have a ARM architecture version of their VM and run it on the Fusion for Apple Silicon Tech Preview on an M1 Mac. 
- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos