VMware Communities
jfreyensee
Contributor
Contributor

Connecting to remote VMs via Fusion 10 SUCKS!!

OMG, if you are dependent on using VMWare Fusion Pro to connect to your remote VMs hosted on a server (like vSphere), do not upgrade to Fusion Pro 10!!  The app constantly spins to 100%.  To prove it is VMWare's problem and not my or my company, I was actually able to downgrade back to VM Ware Fusion 8.5.8 and I do not see these issues.

Why the hell anyone would buy yet another license to go to Fusion 10 where it's next to impossible to contact real VMWare support (not the dumb search entry) to tell them of this issue is beyond me.  It's a waste of money for you and your company.  Fortunately I tried the Fusion 10 Pro trial before requesting the company to buy me that.

The reason why I was interested in VMWare Fusion Pro 10 is VMWare Fusion Pro 8.5.8 can crash my Steelcase/Humanscale dual-headed graphics display.  But you know what, I'll take that over VMWare Fusion Pro 10's idiotic-100%-CPU-usage-spinwheel when I'm trying to connect.  ITS THAT BAD.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI there,

Sorry to hear you're hitting this issue.

Have you filed a ticket with support? It's not something that we've experienced internally.

Can we know a little bit about your setup (environment versions, scale, etc) and when the CPU issue happens so we can investigate?

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
jfreyensee
Contributor
Contributor

I have not been able to find the right link or path to file a ticket.  I'm always lead to some Support search (or explanation why my product is not listed even though I have a valid registration code registered with MyVMWare for fusion) and I don't really have the time to search through all the do-it-yourself forums to figure out the issue.

I'm a little puzzled by "environment versions and scale".  I just know that logging into our vSphere server solution is much much faster with VMWare Fusion Pro 8.5.8 than 10.  The only thing I have changed to pinpoint that is by both upgrading to version 10 and downgrading back to version 8.5.8 to see this issue.

0 Kudos
Fatuo
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, both hosts (ESXi & Fusion 10.1.1) are on the same subnet, no FW, hosts communicate themselves using 443 and 902... But I have the error:

Unable to connect to the MKS: Login (username / password) incorrect

ANY SOLUTION!!!!!

0 Kudos